Monday, May 3, 2010

morning *LIGHT*

My FOCUS for 2010 is LIGHT. I've been gathering photos of things, people, places that are full of light. Some mornings I need some extra LIGHT in my life so I'm sharing these today.

We all need LIGHT, don't we?!

In these photos I notice how the light 'makes better... or brighter' each setting. Isn't that just how the LIGHT of Christ is in our lives... makes us a little better... or brighter.

"The Light of Christ is the divine energy, power, or influence that proceeds from God through Christ and gives life and light to all things. The Light of Christ influences people for good and prepares them to receive the Holy Ghost." (Gospel Topics - Light)

I am so blessed to have LIGHT in my life. “My cup runneth over.” (Ps. 23:5)

"Bring up your children in LIGHT and truth." D&C 93:40

"Parents must bring LIGHT and truth into their homes by one family prayer, one scripture study session, one family home evening, one book read aloud, one song, and one family meal at a time."(L. Tom Perry, Ensign, May 2010)

Doesn't this quiet porch setting seem like a good teaching place? ... to read or sing to little ones. Peace ... LIGHT.

"Walk in the LIGHT of the Lord." 2 Nephi 12:5

"Whatsoever is LIGHT, is good." Alma 32: 35



A light exists in spring
Not present on the year
At any other period.
When March is scarcely here

A color stands abroad
On solitary hills
That science cannot overtake,
But human nature feels.

It waits upon the lawn;
It shows the furthest tree
Upon the furthest slope we know;
It almost speaks to me.

Then, as horizons step,
Or noons report away,
Without the formula of sound,
It passes, and we stay:

A quality of loss
Affecting our content,
As trade had suddenly encroached
Upon a sacrament.

Emily Dickinson

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I really love the first, fourth, and fifth pictures. Thanks for sharing. :) I was so thankful that the sun was out again today after this week of cRaZy Utah weather! :)