Friday, April 23, 2010

True Identity

These are my tots when they were wee little couch potatoes. Cute little bundles!! Don't they look similar? But I can tell them apart. They are mine... for a little while .... a gift to me ... to raise Heavenly Father's little ones.

Last week I helped in Hannah's class for Fairytale Friday. I read and helped them create a craft about the Ugly Duckling story. It is a sad yet sweet story.

President Uchtdorf gave a great talk called The Reflection in the Water in which he retells the Ugly Duckling story. He also had this to say:
"Our destiny is greater than we can imagine. If only we understood who we are and what is in store for us, our hearts would overflow with such gratitude and happiness that it would enlighten even the darkest sorrows with the light and love of God, our Heavenly Father


"The next time you feel unhappy, remember where you came from and where you are going. Rather than focus on things that dampen your thoughts with sorrow, choose to focus on those things that fill your soul with hope. You will realize that these things are always connected to serving God and our fellowmen. Remember that the Lord has given you His word in the scriptures. Pray earnestly to Him; talk with Him daily. Learn of Him, and walk in His way. Serve God and serve your fellowmen.


"Remember that there is “a time to weep” but also “a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance” (Ecclesiastes 3:4). ... Perhaps it is time to allow the light of the Son of God into your heart.


"I plead with you — just look into the water and see your true reflection! Realize the purpose for which you were created! Lift your face toward the far horizon!"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf CES Fireside, Nov 1, 09

Well, anyways... love that message and I hope my cute little children will always remember their TRUE ETERNAL IDENTITY.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Those pictures of your kids with the snacks and remotes are so cute!! :) And I appreciate you sharing that talk. I haven't read it before and there was a lot there that was uplifting to me. Hope you have a great weekend. :)