Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Something Wonderful


What is your something wonderful today?

One of my somethings yesterday was my yellow and pink tulips blooming. When my  orange and pink tulips bloomed I was surprised at the shade ... and I was again delighted by my yellow and pink ones. You'd think I'd remember what I planted.  I love the pink and yellow flowers.

The weather happens to be a wonderful something today. I'm staying home and attempting to do some work. We have clouds, a little rain, cool temps, and then a wild hail storm. I was in love with the hail storm until I just thought to check on my tulips... poor little things didn't survive. Now my something wonderful will have to be my lovely tulips as the centerpiece on my table.

Sometimes our anticipated
wonderful "somethings" change ....
but

“Carry on.
Things will work out.
If you keep trying and praying and working,
things will work out.
They always do."
(Gordon B. Hinckley)

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Even though I usually don't like gray, rainy days--I was thankful for the rain today because it meant I didn't have to figure out how to turn on my sprinklers tonight, since our lawn was fertilized yesterday. I guess that could be considered something wonderful. :)

I have a quote very similar to that by President Hinckley on my fridge and in my planner. Very encouraging. :)