Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sing On Your Way

"We recognize the universal power of music to touch the hearts of men and women everywhere and in all generations--to inspire and encourage, to sustain and lift, to comfort and bring peace." President Gordon B. Hinckley

I've been thinking of ways to help us have PEACE in our home. I know that when we have the Spirit, we will all be kinder (me, Jimmy, and the kids!!!).

Today I was talking to a friend who mentioned that her kids used to fight in the car all the time. She decided to start playing Primary songs in the car and the fighting "magically" lessened. It was a reminder that pure music softens our hearts.

Years ago I found {this article by Megan C. Wallgren on LDSLiving Magazine} about helping your children learn the gospel through music. I know we all know the power of music, but these ideas reminded me to sing more often with my kids.
1. Sing to your children.
2. Use gospel songs as background music in the home.
3. Use hymns and Primary songs as reinforcement for scripture study.
4. Sing before family prayer.
5. Study the scripture references that go along with the hymns and Primary songs.
6. Memorize hymns and primary songs as a family.

So tonight I decided I need to have the Primary songs more accessible. I found these links and thought I'd share.

Videos of Primary Songs in ASL

New Primary songs downloads for Primary Program

Download all Primary songs at once

2010 Primary Program Songs

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Thanks again for all the inspiration this morning! I'm going to turn on my favorite CD by Paul Cardall ("Primary Worship") right now as I get ready for church. :)