Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Happy Place

See this here balloon... well, one just like it was accidentally released into the sky. A little girl named Hannah cried. I told her that we couldn't bring it back and we had to make the best of it. After all, maybe it's going to balloon heaven. We watched it float higher and higher until it was a speck in the sky. Think of the view it had - with all those glorious mountains, blue skies, and white fluffy clouds. It went to a happy place.
I like to go to a Happy Place. On a rare occasion, that place is my treadmill will fun music. Sometimes it's a good book. Sometimes it's even doing dishes with my groovin' kitchen tunes. My blog is a happy place for me to go because it's my daily pep-talk.  A chat with a dear friend becomes a happy place.  Sometimes my happy place is even a surprise to me... a moment here, a moment there with little ones.

"Every moment is a golden one for him
who has the vision to recognize it as such."
Henry Miller

Today one of my happy places was my favorite temple - Mt. Timp... where I first received my endowments and where Jimmy and I were married. It is good. It is peaceful. It is good, yes, good.

Another Happy Place today was nearly the opposite of a quiet, tidy, clean temple. It was my backyard with noisy tots running about. But... we had sunshine... warmth and sunshine. We had oreos. We had a swing and a snuggle with a mellow Truman. We had Hannah recording videos of everyone telling about their day. We had a Max who perched his hat on backwards. He also learned to climb up the ladder on the swing set today. We had an Abe who wanted to play table tennis... and basketball ... all day long. Even though it wasn't a perfectly joyous afternoon (meaning - there were occasional sibling conflicts)... it was good... and a happy place for my heart to be.
I like happy places.
I think I'll stick today in my pocket and keep it there for a while.
I like a pocketful of sunshine!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Nothin' like a pocketful of sunshine! :) I loved feeling the cool breeze and sunshine today. In fact, that's my favorite Utah combo: brilliant blue skies against snow-capped mountains, sunshine, and a cool breeze. :)