Friday, September 24, 2010

oh, what a beautiful morning

My life yesterday ... Jimmy wakes up at 6:15, pops right out of bed, says prayers, showers, makes breakfast, gets the kids up... while Heather sleeps in until 7 or 7:15 when she finally realizes she is doomed to have to arise. She goes downstairs, grumbles at everyone until they all leave and she recuperates by 8. Not good people!
Grand Tetons Sunrise found on noticeablyfat.com
Well - not so this morning. I got up at 6:15 and decided that I should start practicing my Joyful Morning idea. Jimmy had a meeting at 7 a.m. (who plans a meeting at 7 a.m.? - oh yeah, Mr. pop-out-of-bed-in-the-morning husband). It took 15 minutes to find my work out clothes and dust the treadmill, but I got a nice 20 minute walk in. And this is the important part - I actually feel joy in the morning. It's quiet while the tots sleep. But tis time to wake them up.

Joy in the morning - Check.
Joy in accomplishment of exercising - Check.

It's going to be a beautiful, ordinary day!

No comments: