Friday, September 3, 2010

i like today

i have to hurry and write this... in case it all changes in 5 minutes. i must not let that happen.

i feel good. i feel chipper. i even feel patient with my 2 tots. i guess it helps that one is asleep and the other is watching charlotte's web.

feeling good has not been the case the past few weeks. i'm working on getting my body healthy. and i've felt crummy, "off", and unenergetic. i went to the doc for a well-check... and i have high blood pressure (why? i mean having 4 kids isn't stressful at all! and salt... i just plain love salt)... semi high cholesterol (you mean raspberry filled donuts aren't a good breakfast? what - pioneer woman's recipes with 2 cups of butter aren't good for the cholesterol?  plus, i think i got the wonderful family gene for it.)... and I need to lose 10-15 lbs (my doc didn't tell me that, but I know. i have 2 babies to work off here.). i'm soaking in seasonal allergies and i don't think that has helped me feel perky.

i know my fam has been worried for me. but i'll just keep plugging along, doing what i can to be healthy. diet, exercise, sleep... that's what a mama needs to take care of - for her own good.

but yah - today is good... at least for the moment. i accomplished a few things before 10 a.m. this is good. accomplishment is a good feeling. i even showered. it is a shining moment.

"Amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction." Elder Ballard, April 2008

signing off this computer to go and enjoy some sunshine outside with mr. max.

No comments: