Wednesday, September 1, 2010

my thoughts of late

center
focus
prioritize
breathe
smile
release
love
calm
peace
quiet
relax
hope
rejuvenate
listen
inner stillness
positive energy
health
live
enjoy
de-stress
give
joy
strengthen
lift
inspire

Tonight the tots and I went on a walk/bike ride after supper. Papa has a project due pronto so we had to get out of his hair. I'm trying to savor every bit of green and warmth and sunshine that is out there... for autumn is coming too quickly for me... rather ... winter is coming this year and I'd rather skip it.

Lately when I've been outside I realize how healing nature is for the soul. The cool breeze, the sunshine, all that green, bare feet in the grass. Tonight on our walk we went to the lone parts of the neighborhood where I could see the mountains in the distance. I love those mountains. We watched yellow-bellied black birds fly all around seeming to have no destination... free.

This quote rings true with me... that I live more deeply and calmly when I take time to enjoy nature.

and just for laughs... i saw the quote mistyped as such:
"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flour."

flour vs flower... i love it and it made me guffaw out loud.

(gorgeous photo by ilovelotsofpizza)

No comments: