Thursday, September 23, 2010

a JOYful autumn

'Be Filled with Joy' by Wheatfield
Having a colorful summer was a good thing for me. We did a variety of things and had fun as a fam. The theme reminded me to keep things colorful, full of LIGHT, and fun. Of course, some days were blue... but overall, it was a good thing.

Soooo - continuing the goodness only makes sense...
hence... the theme starting on this Autumnal Equinox day ...
original image by My Fine Garden

~ 3-minute JOY journal: take 3 minutes throughout the day to find and write about the joyful moments. Could be 5 minutes ... could be 1 ... the point... it hardly takes any time but the benefits are grand.  I want to involve the tots in this one.  Maybe something on the fridge.

~ Find Joy in the morning. I won't elaborate on how completely grouchy I am before 8 in the morning... but it's true... ask my sweet family. Inspiration:  Joy cometh in the Morning by Elder Russell M. Nelson.

~ Enjoy the warmth and sunshine out of doors. It may not feel too warm now, but it's much warmer than winter will be. I tend to stay inside to try and get things done, but I know I need that Vitamin D and rejuvenation that comes from being outside. Maybe I could keep my summer morning walks going with the 2 boys.

~ Lastly, find JOY in accomplishing. Work - bleh. Accomplishment - superb!! It does take work to get to the accomplishing - and I'd rather focus on the end result.

“Morning stars [will] sing together, and …
all the sons [and daughters] of God [will] shout for joy!”

(D&C 128:23)

No comments: