Saturday, December 11, 2010

looking back - Hannah's Baptism

Sweet little Hannah (who is not so little these days now that she's 8)... was baptized on November 6, 2010. She was a darling! She was really nervous, but very excited.

She came to me later that afternoon during quiet time and asked me to help her find some primary songs to play in her room. She turned it up and sang along with “Scripture Power” and “If the Savior Stood Beside Me.”

After a while, she came to me and said, “Mom, when you were a little girl, did you wish that you could be baptized every day.” She started to cry. I think her heart was tender because she loved the special feeling she had on her baptism day and wanted it to last. She is a sweet girlie.

I thought she might enjoy having a poster of her baptism day in her room so together we came up with this. She picked all the photos and I arranged them.

A few things I'm so glad about...
1. Hannah wanted to wear my baptism dress that my mother made me. It was so sweet. I made some little purple flowers to put on the ribbon and in her hair.

2. We passed around cards for all in attendance to write a little note to Hannah. As soon as all the festivities ended, she took all of them up to her room to read through them.  She LOVED them. We put all those 5x7 notes in a spiral-bound book with these other cards including room for testimony, journal entry, mom's memories, letter from dad, family photos, photos of those in attendance. I think the little book will be a special keepsake for her. Hopefully it will remind her of the special feelings she had on her Baptism Day.

No comments: