Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Parenting: cheerfully ... with determination, diligence, strength

Even moms need to apologize ... especially when they didn't hold their tongue when talking with little ones. Luckily (rather ... blessedly)... kids are quick to forgive.

It is up to me to cheerfully do my best. After I've done that, I can leave the rest up to the Lord ... to guide my little ones.

We all need encouragement, don't we. Even moms. Even little ones.

But I don't think anyone said it would be easy to be cheerful or patient. Hannah said the other day,

She has a good soul. I like this quote by Elder Hales. It's sometimes nice when leaders acknowledge that what we're doing is hard... but good... very good.
"Doing our duty to God as parents and leaders begins with leading by example—consistently and diligently living gospel principles at home. This takes daily determination and diligence.

"The greatest faith we have will be within our homes as we remain strong in the trials and tribulations of parenthood."

Elder Robert D. Hales (April 2010 Gen Conf)

Fortunately for me, the Lord gives us a fresh start to begin again. Hoping today is better!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I've always loved that scripture from D&C. And the name of one of my blogs is "Every Day is a New Beginning". I'm thankful for that too! :)