Tuesday, November 2, 2010

im · per · a · tive

I liked this Definition of IMPERATIVE:
1:
a : relating to, or constituting the grammatical mood that expresses the will to influence the behavior of another
b : expressive of a command, entreaty, or exhortation
c : having power to restrain, control, and direct

2 : not to be avoided or evaded : necessary

Today we're focusing on definition part 2... in relation to ... exercise.

I decided TODAY that it's not merely desired or optional anymore... but EXERCISE is now IMPERATIVE ... essential for my health. There are too many factors needing major attention here. Cholesterol, blood pressure, weight, stress-level, emotional health. It hasn't been able to be a priority because of life with 4 tots... but I've decided that has to ch-ch-ch-change!

So - really - the only option in my present life is a.m. exercise . . .  6 a.m. to be precise. I should be able to handle 20 minutes a morning - right?  The ONE morning I did it, my soul sang with JOY... I loved the morning silence before tots woke.  I felt the JOY in accomplishing.  But... oh, how many times I've set an exercise plan only to have it foiled by pregnancy, sickness, or plain ol' mama-exhaustion.  So - I'll plug along and do my best and not get discouraged when other top priorities are given full attention.

Here's to a healthier life!

1 comment:

melimba said...

you go, girl! Isn't it so true about all the benefits to exercising? Aaron said he noticed a big change in me after I started back up again---he said I carried myself differently through out the day. And, it's true, I felt better about ME all around. Amazing what a few minutes each day will do! So, go heather, go!
And, NO! I don't think it's weird that I got two comments from you recently! It's great! And, I loved the link you sent to me for that doll. I've book marked it and think the hair/ribbon idea is GENIUS! Cal would LOVE something like that right now, especially.
So, it's lovely and wonderful!
Thank you!
oh! and cool that you found the 2011 Primary themes! I might be printing those out ASAP! Good find!
Have a WACKY and WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY! :)